1:1 Spanish Grammar
Build the foundation you need to boost your Spanish!
Does any of these situations sound familiar?
- You’ve been studying Spanish for a while but feel like you’re going around in circles and keep making the same mistakes.
- You were promised you’d become fluent in three months, but it’s been a year and you can’t maintain a conversation in Spanish.
- You’ve been trying to learn on your own (maybe with apps like Duolingo) but feel that there’s something missing: you lack structure.
- You studied Spanish in high school and want to retake it, but have no idea where to start: it seems like you forgot it all.
- You feel like giving up on Spanish altogether because it’s too hard!
Chances are, you just need to (re)build your Spanish foundation so you can finally take off and enjoy your language journey.
Hey there! I’m Inés, a certified native teacher from Spain with 11 years of experience.
I’m a grammar nerd and expert at simpliflying complex structures to make them accesible.
I can help you build the foundation you need with effective (and fun!) lessons tailored to you.
>> These lessons are for students of all levels, from beginner to advanced (A1-C1)
Are you commited to your Spanish-learning journey? There are two types of 1:1 Grammar you can book with me:
60-min Spanish Grammar Lesson (current students)
These are for students who are currently taking one of my practical programs and need help with a specific grammar point.
- A 1:1 lesson focused on a specific grammar point of your choice.
- You will stop making the same mistake again and again.
- You’ll understand why you always got that grammar structure wrong.
- You’ll start using verb tenses correctly in your writings and conversations.
No need to book a consultation, since we already know each other! Book your session below.
60-min Spanish Skill Building Lessons (monthly subscription)
Build the foundation you need to feel confident on your language journey.
A long-term strategy that includes explanation of grammar points + lots of practice + weekly homeplay (1 assignment) + follow-up + Q&A.
$45/hour paid at the beginning of the month.
- Feel confident in your Spanish learning journey, with a clear direction and focus.
- Start applying the grammar rules straightaway both in class and in real life.
- Improve your Spanish writing and conversation exponentially.
- Develop strategies to acquire new grammar knowledge—become an autonomous learner.
Interested? Meet with me! Book a 30-minute free consultation so we can discuss your goals and get to know each other.
“Inés clearly gives much thought and consideration to the way she conducts her lessons.
She did an expert job evaluating my level of fluency and creating lessons plans based off my strengths and weaknesses. This is where I believe that much of the value in paying for Inés’ tutoring comes from, as I feel that each lesson is tailored to my learning style and level of competency.
I have confidence that while having Inés as a tutor I will be able to attain the level of fluency that I desire.
I have seen the results that I wanted to see and Inés’ lessons have been an extremely worthwhile investment of my time and money. Highly recommend!”
Why should I take grammar/skill building lessons?
Learning a language is like building a house: you can’t build a house without a foundation because it won’t withstand inclement weather and will eventually collapse.
That’s why apps like Duolingo and courses that promise you’ll become fluent in 3 months aren’t effective, because they don’t teach you grammar, and grammar (along with vocabulary) is the foundation of a language.
Learning a language is not a sprint, it’s a marathon. You need to commit for the long run. Think about it as a long-term relationship. You need to nurture it regularly, a little bit every day, so that it stays fresh and stimulating.
Grammar may seem a little dull, but it’s the basic structure that will help you build your house on top. Once you have that foundation, you can practice the language with confidence because you know what you’re doing, and you know it won’t collapse. You know you got this.
Does that mean grammar lessons are boring? Hell no! I hate boring (and I’m sure you do, too).
I believe grammar study makes no sense without practical application, and the whole point of learning grammar is so that reading, writing, listening and speaking become easier. So I make sure to include lots of practice in my grammar sessions.
What will my lessons be like?
Each lesson will be focused on a specific grammar point, according to your level/needs. After a short theoretical introduction, we’ll start practicing right away. It is by applying the grammar rules—not memorizing them—that you will internalize them.
We’ll intertwine traditional grammar exersises with the following:
- Reading articles, blog posts and book extracts with new vocabulary and examples of the grammar being used .
- Listening to short videos, songs and podcasts where people are using the grammar and vocab in a realistic way.
- Speaking exercises where you’ll practice that grammar and vocab: short presentations, conversations, discussions, role play…
- Writing prompts that will help you practice the grammar points on your own free time.
All this along with my expert feedback, unlimited Q+A and access to me 24/7 via email/text.
What level of Spanish do I need to benefit from the Spanish Skill Building program (monthly subscription)?
There’s no minimum level required. Whether you’re just starting your Spanish-learning journey or you’ve been studying the language for years, you can benefit from these lessons.
This program is a long-term strategy that will help you build the foundation you need to use and practice Spanish with confidence. We’ll cover verb tenses, agreement of nouns and adjectives, determinatives, pronouns, prepositions, sentence structure, orthography, basic pronunciation, and vocabulary.
To make sure we’re a good fit, we’ll first get to know each other with a 30-minute free consultation. During this session, you’ll tell me about yourself, your Spanish-learning journey, your language goals, and what grammar points you have more trouble with. You’ll have the chance to ask me any questions you have, and I’ll asses your level and customize a program just for you.
How do payments work?
60-min Spanish Grammar sessions can be booked as needed and paid via Paypal at the moment of booking. These are for you if you are currently taking one of my practical programs (Journey to Spain, or Spanish Conversation & Culture) and only need occasional help with a specific grammar point.
60-min Spanish Skill Building lessons can be booked as part of a monthly subscription that includes a 10% discount. We’ll meet at the same time every week. You’ll be billed automatically via Wave on the 1st of each month, so you don’t have to worry about payments. Your fee of $195 will stay the same every month (even if we meet 5 times instead of 4), and if you start the program in the middle of a month, your first-month fee will be prorated. You can cancel your subscription at any time—just make sure to let me know by the 28th of the previous month. These lessons are for you if you want to acquire long-term fluency and confidence in Spanish.
Ready to get confident in Spanish?
60-min Spanish GrammarFor current students
- Booked as needed
- Focused on that grammar point you have trouble with
- Perfect for occasional help
60-min Spanish Skill BuildingLong-term strategy
- Monthly subscription ($195/month) — 10% off
- Regular slot that brings successful results
- Perfect for acquiring long-term fluency + confidence in Spanish
“Thank you for everything this past year and a half!
You’ve helped me out a lot and made me better at Spanish.
If I ever need help again, I know who to go back to.”
“You’re hands down the best teacher I’ve ever had.
I have learned more with you in two months than with the teacher I had during the whole school year!”
Have any questions?
Get in touch! I’ll be happy to answer and point you in the right direction.