Journey to Spain
A creative online program that will help you:
• Improve your writing
• Speak with confidence
• Understand Spanish culture
Do you really want to improve your Spanish but are tired of traditional language lessons?
I hear you. You want to start practicing your Spanish again, but it feels like it’s never the right time, and you are sooo bored of traditional language-learning.
You dream with a Spanish-learning program that inspires you to keep improving your Spanish without it feeling like an obligation. A little push that puts you back in the right direction. A chance to forget about grammar and vocabulary lists, take a mental vacation and transport yourself to Spain for a few hours. An opportunity to rediscover your confidence in Spanish through curiosity and imagination.
I got your back! Join my Journey to Spain online program.
A creative immersion into Spanish culture that will help you:
- Learn to express yourself in Spanish—find your words and get them flowing.
- Gain confidence in your writing and conversation.
- Improve your reading and listening comprehension.
- Leave your self-doubt behind—know you can count on your Spanish to deliver your ideas to the world.
- Get ready to create meaningful connections with Spanish-speaking friends.
I’ll be your tour guide: I’ll take you on a weekly virtual trip to Spain, keep you inspired with writing prompts and creative questions, and give you corrections and useful feedback. You’ll notice your improvement after just a few weeks!
Who is this program for?
This program is for intermediate to advanced students of Spanish (B1-C2) who are interested in learning more about Spain’s culture and lifestyle.
Are you able to maintain a basic conversation, write short texts, and understand the general idea on blog posts and videos in Spanish? That means you can join.
Whether you live in Spain, you travel there often, or you simply find the country fascinating, this program is for you!
Who will be your teacher?
¡Hola! I’m Inés, a native Spaniard from Madrid.
I’m a Spanish language & culture coach, writer, and arts-and-history nerd.
I’ve been teaching languages for 12 years.
I love sharing my passion for Spain’s culture and lifestyle with my students.
And I’d like to take you on an inspiring journey that will rekindle your love for Spanish.
What will you get out of this program?
- Confidence in your ability to communicate in Spanish. — You’ll trade stress for inspiration in your Spanish-learning journey, lose your fear to make mistakes, learn to experiment with the language
,and feel ready to start making connections with real people.
- A Spanish “you” that sounds natural, just like when you use your native language. — You’ll be surprised at how much your Spanish writing and conversation improve when you give yourself permission to explore the language through creativity.
- An ability to understand written and spoken Spanish with ease. — You’ll be reading blog posts and watching videos in Spanish on a regular basis; authentic materials that will boost your real-life reading and listening comprehension.
- New words and expressions that will make you sound like a real Spaniard. — You’ll boost your confidence and improve your fluency by learning the language real people speak, and you’ll discover fun ways to keep learning and practicing new vocabulary on your own.
- A knowledge of what grammar points you need to improve. — You’ll work closely with me. My revisions and feedback will give you a good idea of what grammar you need to review and what grammar you master.
- A creative way to travel to Spain from your living room. — You’ll indulge yourself with a weekly virtual trip to Spain’s exciting lifestyle, and get to understand the country and its people. You’ll develop a taste for using travels as a source of inspiration, and that momentum can easily become a habit that you can enjoy forever. You’ll also have a written collection of creative pieces inspired by Spain’s culture.
“This is an amazingly inspiring course. A chance to go beyond just studying the language but to learn more about the culture and get to know Spain as a country better.
I’ve been studying with Inés for over a year. The exercises inspire me to be more creative, and I enjoy using my imagination as a means to improve my Spanish.
I have seen my grammatical accuracy improve a lot, I’ve definitely learned much more vocabulary, and my pronunciation and general confidence have also increased a lot.
Inés is wonderful. She knows so much, but she’s also so willing to help you and motivate you, and keep you happy. She really wants to make your Spanish-learning experience the best it can be!”
“Textbooks can be so dull, and my interest wanes quickly. By contrast, Journey to Spain is so interesting, week after week I’m willing to put in more effort, and I learn more as a result!”
A program designed to help you improve your writing,
speak with confidence, and discover more about Spanish culture.
Weekly Spain inspiration:
Each week, you’ll get 1 or 2 pages filled with info about a specific theme of Spanish cuture. A sort of exclusive blog post with links to videos and reading materials that will help immerse you into Spain’s culture and ignite your imagination.
These are authentic materials intended for native Spanish speakers, so you will learn and get used to the language real-life people speak.
You’ll also get invaluable information and tips on how to do further research on each topic—this is optional and you won’t need to read/watch all the materials in order to do the assignments.
Finally, you’ll receive a vocabulary list with difficult words and idiomatic expressions from the text and videos.
Weekly creative writing prompt:
Along with the inspirational materials, you’ll get 1 creative writing prompt per week.
You’ll imagine you take part in a series of cultural events in Spain, related to each week’s theme, and write texts that are short and flexible so you can focus on the fun of writing and play with your imagination.
You can write a travel journal, fiction short stories or a series of emails/letters/postcards to someone you love.
You’ll write approximately 300 words per week.
Each week, you’ll either: 1) do a 4-min recorded speaking activity, or 2) have a 40-min 1:1 conversation with me, where you’ll practice the new vocabulary and ideas you’ve explored through your writing.
You’ll have the chance to practice your spoken Spanish in a casual setting, and learn to talk about yourself and give your opinion about a series of topics related—but not limited!—to Spanish culture.
Detailed feedback for each assignment:
I’ll send you corrections and detailed comments on each assignment you submit.
Feedback for writing is given in two loops: on the first loop, I’ll mark your erros with a color code so you can try and fix them yourself (that way you learn more!); once you’ve edited your text, on the second loop, I give you my final corrections.
This includes helpful feedback on the grammar/vocabulary you used, orthography, punctuation, idiom recommendations, and some extra cultural insights and advice.
Feedback for the recorded speaking prompt is given in writing + via video. You’ll receive a link to a video with a mini lesson full of pronunciation, grammar, intonation and vocabulary tips.
If you opt instead for weekly 1:1 conversations with me, you’ll get feedback in real time, and you’ll have the chance to improve your Spanish conversation and acquire lots of new vocabulary.
Someone right there with you the whole journey:
You’ll get unlimited Q&A and follow-ups during the time we work together.
After that, you’ll always be welcome to shoot me an email whenever you need
You’ll have the chance to select your favorite text(s) and turn them in for publication on this website’s Hall of Fame.
What will you focus on each week?
Each week, you’ll focus on a different aspect of Spanish culture, including—but not limited to—art, music, cinema, food, literature, history, travel, and lifestyle.
As an example, these are the topics for the first 4 weeks of the program:
Week 1 — History & Cinema
You’ll discover Spanish history hidden in famous TV shows. You’ll explore the connection between history and cinema, and how films help viewers learn about the past.
Week 2 — Art
You’ll imagine you meet your favorite painter and write a creative text about it. We’ll explore the role of art in today’s society, and how art can be representative of a culture.
Week 3 — Music
We’ll explore Spain’s folk music together. You’ll be invited to take part in a town’s traditional celebrations, and even have the chance to learn the regional dance!
Week 4 — Food
You’ll go on a gastronomic tour of Spain’s main ingredients and open your own restaurant. We’ll discuss the role of food in socializing, and Spain’s delicious food culture.
How much does it cost?
You can choose between two different plans: asynchronous and 1:1.
The weekly inspirational materials, and creative writing prompts and feedback are the same on both plans.
The difference lies in the speaking exercises:
– you can opt for weekly 4-min recorded exercises that you may submit at any time during the week, or
– you can opt for weekly 40-min 1:1 live conversations with me via Zoom.
The price for each plan is detailed below (paid at the beginning of the month):
AsynchronousWork at your own pace
- Inspirational materials + Creative writing prompt + Feedback
- Weekly 4-min recorded speaking exercises
- Feedback for speaking is given through Google Docs + a video
- Perfect if you can’t commit to weekly live sessions
- Inspirational materials + Creative writing prompt + Feedback
- Weekly 40-min live conversations with me
- Feedback for speaking is given in real time
- Perfect if you want to acquire spoken fluency faster
Want to meet me before you buy?
“I have seen my grammatical accuracy improve a lot, I’ve definitely learned much more vocabulary, and my pronunciation and general confidence have also increased a lot. Inés is wonderful. She knows so much, but she’s also so willing to help you, motivate you, and keep you happy!”
Not sure this is for you? Here’s a checklist to guide you:
This program is for you if:
- You are an intermediate or advanced student of Spanish and want to learn to communicate with ease.
- You know the grammar and vocabulary but feel like you need real-life practice to become fluent.
- You can dedicate 20 min. per day—or a total of 2 hours per week—to learning Spanish.
- You understand that learning a language goes far beyond memorizing grammar rules or vocabulary from a textbook.
- You want specific feedback on your writing and speaking so you can improve both.
- You are an expat in Spain, a frequent visitor to Spain or a Spain fanatic, and you’re ready to explore its culture with an open, adventurous mind.
This program might not be for you if:
- You don’t have an intermediate level of Spanish yet—if you’re not sure, contact me through the form at the bottom of this page.
- You can’t dedicate 2 hours each week to work on your Spanish.
- You need help with writing for a specific purpose (academic writing, work emails, your own project).
- You’re not interested in Spain and/or creative learning.
What do I need to participate?
- A desktop computer or a laptop (not a tablet!) with reliable Internet connection—and a webcam if you opt for the 1:1 plan.
- A Google account (it’s free) so you can use Google Docs.
- An intermediate or advanced level of Spanish.
- Eagerness to learn while having fun!
How do assignments work?
- You’ll get 1 creative writing prompt—plus 1 speaking assignment if you opt for the asynchronous plan—along with your inspirational materials each Monday.
- You’ll have 6 days to complete your asynchronous assignments at your own pace, and turn them in for correction and feedback.
- The deadline for submitting assignments is Sunday at 3p
m, US Central Standard Time (10pm CET).
- I will send you corrections and feedback on Monday/Tuesday the following week.
- All assignments and feedback will be done on Google Docs., and you’ll have your own Trello board so you can keep track of everything.
- If you opt for the 1:1 plan, we’ll meet at a regular time each week for our 40-min live conversation.
How do payments work?
Payment is made via Wave Apps, a secure third-party online payment processor similar to Paypal. You can pay with credit or debit card.
Your plan’s fee will be billed automatically on the 1st of each month, so you don’t have to worry about payments. Your fee will stay the same every month, and if you start the program in the middle of a month, your first-month fee will be prorated.
How long does the program last for?
This program is a monthly subscription that you can cancel at any time. You can take the program for as long as you want to.
Please note, once billed a month’s fee is non-refundable, so make sure to let me know that you want to cancel by the 28th of the previous month.
Can I upgrade/downgrade my plan?
Sure! You can change plans anytime. Just let me know by the 28th of the previous month, and I’ll set it up for you.
What if I want to take the program for just a short while?
You can book 4 weeks of the program directly through this website (links above). Feel free to book a consultation first if you haven’t met me yet.
What if I’m not sure of my level?
If you’re 100% sure that you have at least a B1 level of Spanish, please contact me through the form at the bottom of this page. In any case, the free consultation will help me assess your level and make sure you’ll benefit from this program.
Can I get in contact with you before I book a consultation?
Sure! Please use the form below.
Want to meet me before you buy?
Need to get in touch?
Not sure you meet the requirements? Or whether this program is for you? Ask me your questions! I’ll be happy to help and point you in the right direction.