A 10-week course that will help you:
• Learn the Spanish you need for your trip/stay
• Communicate confidently with the locals
• Make the most out of your experience
Are you going to Spain soon, or do you travel to Spanish-speaking countries often?
Have you ever wished you could speak Spanish, and connect to the land and its people in a more meaningful way?
Do you want to experience Spain like a local, not a tourist?
With my Travel Spanish course you will gain the skills to confidently navigate a country rich in culture, beautiful landscapes, and unforgettable experiences.
A 10-week customized course that will help you:
- Learn exactly the Spanish you will need during your trip—no fluff!
- Feel confident and safe when finding your way around, and become an independent traveler.
- Avoid tourists traps and awkward situations—you’ll know what to do at all times.
- Experience Spain like a local—go to the places only residents know about.
- Connect with Spaniards in a meaningful way, understand their way of thinking, and make new friends.
- Have an authentic Spanish experience—create lasting relationships with the country and its people.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for beginners (A1-A2) who speak little Spanish or none at all.
Whether you’re traveling to Spain soon or you visit Spanish-speaking countries often, this course is for you!
Do you speak decent Spanish, but have never been to Spain, and you’re either traveling or moving there? You can join too. Keep reading!
Who will be your teacher?
¡Hola! I’m Inés, a native Spaniard from Madrid.
I’m a Spanish language & culture coach, and have been teaching languages for 15 years.
I’m also an arts, history and culture nerd.
I love showing off my country and helping visitors to Spain enrich their experience with insider tips and suggestions—in fact, I love it so much that I met my very own husband that way!
I want to help you live an authentic, off-the-beaten-path experience in Spain.
What will you get out of this course?
- Confidence during your trip/stay. — You’ll learn how to ask for directions, order at a resturant, find your way around, make special requests at the hotel reception, talk about yourself in Spanish… The language barrier won’t prevent you from enjoying your stay and meeting new people!
- Correct pronunciation. — You’ll learn how to pronounce any Spanish word correctly (even those you don’t know the meaning of) so you’ll be understood by the locals at all times. I’ll give you audio files that you can use to keep practicing before and during your trip.
- Useful vocabulary. — Learn the words, idioms and sentences related to greetings, directions, transportation, accommodation, eating and sightseeing. You’ll also get vocabulary lists that you can bring with you during your trip.
- Tons of personalized tips. — You’ll get my expert advice on where to stay, where to eat, what to visit, what to say (and how!), how to behave, etc, according to your preferences and/or Spanish customs.
- Knowledge that will be useful forever. — You’ll be able to apply what you learn during this course to all future trips to any Spanish-speaking country. The language basics are the same everywhere, and you’ll learn the main differences between Spain’s and Latin American Spanish.
- Support even after the course is over. — Once your course is finished, you’ll be welcome to shoot me an email anytime. This means you can get my expert support before and during your trip! I’ll also be happy to hear about your experience once you’re back home.
“I contacted Inés to help me learn Travel Spanish in preparation for an upcoming trip to Spain. As a typical monolingual American, I studied French in high school and had little formal exposure to Spanish.
Inés taught me many helpful expressions and vocabulary I would need as a foreign tourist. She also helped me with my pronunciation to make me more comfortable speaking Spanish and created customized documents with helpful phrases.
She created brief weekly homework assignments for me to practice and review what I had learned each week, and was kind, enthusiastic and encouraging as I worked my way through each lesson.
Equally important, Inés took the time to inform me of important practical and helpful information as a tourist in Spain. I fully appreciate the time and effort she put into creating written materials in preparation for our lessons and her offers to answer questions I had between lessons.
I recommend Inés to people looking to learn Spanish for the first time or to refresh their skills in preparation for a trip to a Spanish-speaking country. I am grateful to Inés for her knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm. Muchas gracias, Inés!”
Ready for an authentic Spanish experience?
A no-fluff course focused on real-life communication
so you can enrich your stay in Spanish-speaking countries.
What’s the course like?
This course includes both language learning and culture coaching. You will not only learn all the Spanish you need as a visitor in a Spanish-speaking country—in just 10 weeks!—but also lots of cultural info that will make your trip easier. You’ll learn vocabulary and phrases related to travel, how to act in common situations, Spanish etiquette, some basic grammar, and lots of personalized tips to make your trip an unforgettable experience (consider me your personal travel guide).
Each week for 10 weeks you’ll get:
- a 60-min 1:1 lesson with me via Zoom
- a home assignment to reinforce what you learned in class + feedback
- written and audio materials so you can keep practicing on your own (and during your trip)
- unlimited Q&A.
Our live sessions will include lots of practice and useful info. We’ll role-play common situations (e.g. asking for directions, booking a ticket, ordering food…) so when you find yourself in those situations in real life, you’ll know exactly what to say and do!
What will we focus on each week?
- Week 1: Spanish basics. — Greetings, courtesy expressions, basic questions, Spanish pronunciation.
- Week 2: Meeting new people. — Introductions, talking about yourself, common verbs in the present tense, tú vs usted.
- Week 3: Time & date. — Days of the week, months, Spanish numbers 1-100, understand when someone says the time of an event.
- Week 4: Transportation. — Use public transportation like a local, book a train/bus ticket, get off at the right place, understand common signs and announcements.
- Week 5: Asking for directions. — Never be lost again, find your way with 3 simple questions, read maps in Spanish.
- Week 6: Hotel & hostels. —Find/book a hotel in the moment, check in, ask for the wifi password, make special requests.
- Week 7: Ordering food. — Know what you’re ordering, avoid ingredients you can’t eat, try the best food, understand how tips work, enjoy authentic local eateries.
- Week 8: Attractions. — Visit the best museums, take not-to-be-missed daytrips to places nearby, book cinema/theater tickets.
- Week 9: Shopping. — Buy anything from souvenirs to groceries and pharmacy products, understand Spanish money, use banks and ATMs.
- Week 10: Final advice. — Emergencies, international calls, extra culture tips, personalized itinerary suggestions.
Please note, this planning may vary slightly depending on your progress, previous knowledege (if any), and specific needs.
How much does it cost?
The price of the course is detailed below. You can pay in two different ways:
Best valueSave 10%
- 45€/week — 10% discount
- One-time purchase
- Pay once and forget about it
- Guaranteed time slot for the entire course (10 weeks)
2 installmentsFull price
- 2 payments
- Pay before the course starts + before the 6th week
- Guaranteed time slot for 5 weeks
Ready for an authentic Spanish experience?
Not sure this is for you? Here’s a checklist to guide you:
This course is for you if:
- You speak zero or little Spanish and are going to/travel often to Spain or Latin America. — This course is designed for you.
- You took Spanish in high school or college, but forgot most of it. — This is a great refresher!
- You’re just getting started with Spanish. — You’ll learn tons of words and phrases you can use in everyday life, not just during a trip.
- You speak decent Spanish, but have never been to Spain, and you’re either traveling or moving there. — This course will show you how everything works, give you tons of tips on Spanish culture and social customs, make your experience richer and easier, and help you feel confident from the start!
This course is not for you if:
- You have an intermediate level of Spanish AND have been to Spain several times. — My other programs are a better fit for you.
- You have zero interest in visiting Spain or Latin America. (If you’re not planning a trip right now but would like to in the future, you can join.)
- You want to learn Spanish grammar. — This course is communication-oriented and doesn’t focus on grammar. Please take a look at my grammar program.
- You need to pass an exam.
What do I need to participate?
- A desktop computer or a laptop (not a tablet!) with reliable Internet connection and a webcam.
- A Google account (it’s free) so you can use Google Docs.
How do payments work?
Payment is made via Paypal, which allows you to pay with credit or debit card.
Here’s how it works, depending on the form of payment you choose:
- Best value: you’ll pay the full amount (450€) prior to starting the course; your payment will book your preferred time slot for the entire course.
- Installments: you’ll pay the first installment (250€) prior to starting the course, which will book you a time slot for 5 weeks; the second installment will be billed automatically via Paypal before your 6th week; this will book you a time slot for the remaining 5 weeks.
Please note, once started this course is non-refundable regardless of your payment option. You can ask for a refund up to 24h prior to the time of our first lesson.
If I pay in installments, will our lessons be at the same time for the entire course?
That will depend on my availability. If, after completing your 5th week, I still have that slot available, I’ll be happy to continue with the same schedule. But chances are someone else may have booked that slot and you’ll have to change the time of our lessons mid-course. If you want to make sure your lessons are at the same time for all 10 weeks, I recommend you choose the best value option.
What if I need more help or an extra session?
Each student is different, has different needs and learns at a different pace. So, if after the 10 weeks included in the price, you feel like you need more lessons because you haven’t had time to go through all the materials yet or you want extra help planning your trip, you can book extra weeks/sessions with me at 50€ each.
What if I want to travel to Latin America but not to Spain?
This course is designed for people who speak little or zero Spanish. At this level, the language differences between countries are few, and I address them in my course. So you’ll be able to benefit from the language-learning part regardless of what Spanish-speaking country you’re visiting. However, please take into account I am an expert on Spanish (from Spain) culture, not on Latin American culture. So, if you really, really, don’t care about ever visiting Spain, maybe I am not your ideal teacher. — I suggest you think again though, because Spain is wonderful! Many who visit the country fall in love with it (and some stay!), so maybe you would too. 😉
I’m moving to Spain and I want to learn about the country, but I have an intermediate level of Spanish. Is this for me?
Yes! You will be able to benefit from this course even if you already speak Spanish. This is a personalized course that includes both language learning and culture coaching. I will adapt the language-learning part to your level, and will coach you on life in Spain, showing you how everything works, giving you personalized tips, and helping you feel confident from the start. Book a consultation with me to talk about your specific situation.
What if I’m still not sure whether this is for me?
If you’re not 100% sure this is what you need, please contact me through the form at the bottom of this page. In any case, a free consultation will help me assess your level and make sure you’ll benefit from this program.
Can I get in contact with you before I book a consultation?
Sure! Please use the form at the bottom of this page.
Ready for an authentic Spanish experience?
Need to get in touch?
Not sure whether this program is for you? Ask me your questions! I’ll be happy to help and point you in the right direction.